Many of Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks’ online users will notice a big change starting Wednesday with the unveiling of the new MyFWP online portal.
The new MyFWP portal contains enhanced security measures to ensure user information is better protected. Additionally, the new portal has increased functionality to make it more of a destination for license holders and other FWP customers. The new portal has replaced the pre-existing one starting Feb. 14.
Similar to the old MyFWP portal, the new portal will allow customers to see the licenses they hold, their drawing results, bonus points, game damage roster standings, tooth and age data, combination license alternate list registration (non-residents only) and filter what topics of news release they receive by email.
Additional functionality will include the ability to report harvests, as required by some hunting and trapping licenses, and paddlefish tags.
The new portal also allows users to attach their automated licensing system (ALS) information to their account. A new feature allows users to attach another person’s ALS information to their account. This could be convenient for parents or guardians who want their family’s ALS information all under one account.
Other features of the new MyFWP portal include:
Security Enhancements –
- Users will create an account to access FWP information that does not require the exposure of their personal identifiable information (PII).
- Implements two-factor authentication to secure and protect PII, through use of email verifications and one-time use PIN codes when connecting license accounts between users.
- Allows the user to access and update their contact information in a secure setting.
- Will not allow license accounts to be connected unless approved by the owner of the account to be attached, if over 18 years of age.
- Incorporates a Montana-themed captcha design on the login page to reduce malicious attacks against the department’s website.
- The portal site employs HTTPS protocol which means all communications between your browser and the website are encrypted.
Required Information –
- A username, password, email, first/last name are required to register for the MyFWP service.
- Entering your ALS information is optional and not required to create an account.
- Users can opt-in/opt-out of email solicitation from third parties or choose to be contacted only for scientific surveys.
- By signing up for an account, users certify that they are providing only their own personal information.
- Users are responsible for maintaining accurate and current records concerning their personal information.
For help with your MyFWP Portal account and licensing questions, contact the Licensing Bureau, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 444-2950 or firstname.lastname@example.org.