First car to Glacier National Park

By | August 27, 2013

The Hungry Horse News ran the following story… When Glacier National Park was first designated in 1910, any vehicles had to hitch a ride on a railroad flatcar as far as Belton, now West Glacier, because the road through Bad Rock Canyon was deemed impassible. But one day in May 1911, Frank Stoop, who had a car dealership in Kalispell, decided to take Old Scout, the E-M-F Model 30, his favorite car, up the old Tote Road over Columbia Mountain to Belton.  Read the full story here.

Category: News Tags:

About NFNews Editor

Patti Hart is the editor-in-chief and founder of the NFNews.net. Patti lives on the North Fork during the summers and travels the world for the rest of the year, updating NFNews every day wherever there is an internet connection.