Donate a hunting license to disabled veterans & armed forces members

By | June 22, 2016

Montana residents and nonresidents can show support for members of the military who have given the ultimate sacrifice by donating their hunting license to a disabled military veteran or disabled active duty service member.

The disabled veteran or active armed forces member who receives the donated hunting license must be working with an organization that uses hunting as part of the rehabilitation process.

While one can’t choose the organization to receive a donated license, the disabled veteran or armed forces member who receives the license must be a Purple Heart recipient and have a 70 percent or greater disability rating.

Each license must be donated or surrendered before the beginning of the hunting season. One cannot repurchase the same license again during the license year.

For more information on Montana’s disabled veterans hunting license donation program, visit FWP’s website at Click “Hunting”, then “Licenses & Permits“.

Category: Hunting/Fishing Tags:

About NFNews Editor

Patti Hart is the editor-in-chief and founder of the Patti lives on the North Fork during the summers and travels the world for the rest of the year, updating NFNews every day wherever there is an internet connection.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.