Daily Fire Summary, Sep 11

By | September 11, 2018

From Bill Walker…

The current area overview fire perimeter map is attached.

The weather forecast includes an 80% chance of showers after noon on Wednesday, but the fire weather CWR (Chance of Wetting Rain) is only 20% for our area.

The Whale Butte fire is still at 515 acres with containment at 87% (was 86%). Fire activity continues to be minimal. Crews are busy cleaning up and removing slash and debris. There are a few interior hotpots.

Coal Ridge is at 280 acres. Containment is 66% (was 64%). This one isn’t going anywhere. Nothing to report.

Howe Ridge is at 14,224 acres (up from 13,671). Containment is at 20% (up from 19%). This blaze moved about a mile northwest and there was some spotting to the northeast. They are making water drops as needed along the Inside North Fork Road fire line.

The Boundary Fire is at 2910 acres, up from 2896. Containment is at 14% (up from 13%). The report was pretty minimal. Fire control efforts were hampered somewhat by high winds yesterday.

The Paola Ridge Fire is at 1001 acres (up from 919) and 45% containment. It is still active and continues slow growth slow growth, especially along the northern perimeter. Crews are performing burnouts to strengthen and extend fire lines. US2 remains open, as do BNSF operations.

InciWeb links…

Whale Butte Fire: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6149/

Coal Ridge Fire: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6142/

Howe Ridge Fire: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6135/

Boundary Fire: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6170/

Paola Ridge Fire: https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6140/

Category: News Tags:

About NFNews Editor

Patti Hart is the editor-in-chief and founder of the NFNews.net. Patti lives on the North Fork during the summers and travels the world for the rest of the year, updating NFNews every day wherever there is an internet connection.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.