The Hungry Horse News has an article that begins…
A cabin just north of Polebridge was damaged by a fire late Friday afternoon, but did not appear to be a total loss.
The fire apparently started in a chimney or wood stove in a cabin owned by Oliver Meister. Meister and friend as well as park ranger Regi Altop noticed the cabin on fire when they were outside of the cabin at the property.
Here is an historic note from Lois Walker… This is an historic structure called the Charlie Wise Cabin at Square Peg Ranch which is over 100 years old.
And a special note from the editor… Please make certain that all is well with your chimney and around your wood burning stove when lighting it for the first time this year! It is also a good idea to have some sort of chimney fire suppressor on hand just in case.