Cabin Just North of Polebridge Damaged by Fire

By | October 6, 2018

Firefighters from Columbia Falls and Blankenship fight a cabin fire just north of Polebridge Friday evening.

The Hungry Horse News has an article that begins…

A cabin just north of Polebridge was damaged by a fire late Friday afternoon, but did not appear to be a total loss.

The fire apparently started in a chimney or wood stove in a cabin owned by Oliver Meister. Meister and friend as well as park ranger Regi Altop noticed the cabin on fire when they were outside of the cabin at the property.

Read the full article here.

Here is an historic note from Lois Walker… This is an historic structure called the  Charlie Wise Cabin at Square Peg Ranch which is over 100 years old.

And a special note from the editor… Please make certain that all is well with your chimney and around your wood burning stove when lighting it for the first time this year! It is also a good idea to have some sort of chimney fire suppressor on hand just in case.

Category: News Tags:

About NFNews Editor

Patti Hart is the editor-in-chief and founder of the NFNews.net. Patti lives on the North Fork during the summers and travels the world for the rest of the year, updating NFNews every day wherever there is an internet connection.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.